Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Change in Direction

As our project has progressed and I’ve gotten to know the girls a little better I’ve begun to feel that the direction of the film has changed. Going into the documentary I knew that the overall message of the film would depend on the content that we filmed with the girls. I knew that I wanted the focus to be on expectations of perfection and self esteem issues contrasted with their art. We are not going completely away from these topics entirely; instead I plan to still touch on them somewhat but they will not be the main focus. The direction of the film will now be looking at identity, through artwork vs the girl's personal lives. How they express themselves through art vs how they express themselves around their family and peers. The documentary will take on a more observational approach. We will document the girls in their daily lives while also exploring their art and having them consider themselves as people and as artists. The overall message of identity will be expressed through the contrasts between reality and art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment