Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Visions Response

Since I worked on Visions I was busy with everything that I had to do on the day. Since I had already seen all of the films and read all of the papers prior to the day, I wanted to have a full experience of working for a film festival on the day. The only block I attended was the keynote, which I moderated. Kiva was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed her speech and the q&a that followed. It was a stressful situation being a moderator and I’m not sure that I did as good of a job as I could but I’m glad that I did it. It was a new experience for me and Kiva was great. 


The Visions weekend was amazing. Thursday I picked up Caroline, Leah and Kiva with Maddi and we took them to the hotel to relax. About an hour before our Thursday night dinner I picked up Caroline and Leah and took them to Wrightsville Beach. At the dinner I got to talk to them a bit and they were super cool girls. Friday morning I picked up people from the hotel and took them to campus. The day of the event I stayed as busy as I could. I moderated the keynote, set up video race, had the video race and screened the videos and then had a short break before helping set up dinner and the after party. The entire day was amazing. I think it went smoothly and everyone seemed to have a great time. It was great to see all of our hard work come together for a great event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment